General Business Contracts
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- Master Service Agreements
- Construction Contracts
- LLC Agreements
- Asset Purchase Agreements
Corporate Formation and Compliance
- LLC Agreements
- Corporate Articles and Bylaws
- Corporate Minutes and Resolutions
- Buy-sell Agreements
Environmental Remediation and Compliance
- RCRA Hazardous Waste Generator Compliance
- RCRA/CERCLA Site Remediation/Cleanup
- EPCRA/ Tier I and Tier II
- Environmental Compliance Audits
- Commercial Leases
- Lease Termination Agreements
- Purchase and Sale Agreements
- Access/license agreements
- Construction contracts
- Employee handbooks
- Employment policies
- Sexual Harassment Training
- Workplace Investigations
- OSHA compliance
Elidia C. Dostal is a business transactional and compliance attorney providing outside general counsel services to California companies. She serves business clients who understand the importance of involving an attorney at the front end of business transactions and compliance issues to avoid the high cost of litigation or regulatory fines. Elidia brings an expert understanding of the importance of thinking ahead to avoid potential future liabilities.
Before joining Vanst Law as a partner, Elidia successfully ran her solo firm for eight years, advising clients on compliance with Federal and California law, including environmental compliance, land use, employment law, and real estate matters.
Elidia is a Yale Law School graduate who developed her expertise in business, environmental, and land use matters at Latham & Watkins LLP, one of the world’s premier big law firms, and served as Associate General Counsel Secondment for the San Diego Padres. Her prior career as an accountant and tax auditor provides a valuable perspective that informs her legal analysis.
Prior to law school, Elidia served as a tax auditor for the Franchise Tax Board. Her business degree and tax experience give Elidia a distinct perspective of the business and legal aspects of her clients’ transactions and policies. She is motivated by the desire to provide the highest level of service, integrity, and value to her clients. Her aim is to help clients achieve their business goals with an eye toward avoiding future liabilities.
- Serve as outside general counsel to California businesses, including drafting and negotiating commercial leases, asset purchase and sale agreements, independent contractor agreements, and non-disclosure agreements; advise regarding employment law matters and employee handbooks; provide sexual harassment training and conduct workplace investigations.
- Assist and defend cannabis companies in obtaining Conditional Use Permits for Marijuana Retail Dispensaries
- Analyze and advise on CEQA Exemptions for development projects
- Design and conduct comprehensive environmental compliance audit for a large quantity hazardous waste generator. Handle voluntary disclosure to USEPA, resulting in zero penalties for violations.
- Analyze and revise Negative Declaration, Mitigated Negative Declaration and Environmental Impact Reports under CEQA
- Defend CEQA analysis for groundwater remediation systems and other development projects
- Defend NEPA analysis for cross-border power lines
- Analyze impacts to United States Forest Service land and clients’ business under NEPA and write opposition letter to government agencies
- Draft petitions for immediate stay of cleanup and abatement orders, including petitions to the State Water Board, and writ of mandate to the Superior Court.
- Advise clients on environmental matters in real estate transactions, including Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments and compliance with federal, state and local permitting requirements for hazardous materials.
- Draft and negotiate multiparty agreements with agencies, consultants, and landowners regarding remediation sites.
- Draft and review submissions to federal, state, and local environmental regulatory agencies for remediation sites.
- Conduct prompt, thorough, and impartial investigations of workplace harassment complaints. Provide sexual harassment training for supervisors, as well as sessions for staff. Draft and advise on sexual harassment policies.
San Diego County Bar Association, Environmental Section Former President
State Bar Association, Environmental Section
Lawyers Club Diverse Women’s Committee
California Association of Environmental Professionals
Crawford Academy of Law Mentor
Former KIPP Adelante Preparatory Academy Board Chair
Elidia has proven time and again to be a valuable asset for me and my employer. Her expertise in environmental law is impressive, and the level of professionalism she provides is unmatched. Elidia is a pleasure to work with, easily breaking down complex regulations into terms even a layperson can understand. I have outsourced regulatory compliance issues to Elidia for more than five years, in large part due to the personal attention she gives her clients and the quality of service she provides.
– Heather Cox, CBCP, CRMP