The healthcare and the life sciences industries are major components of the San Diego regional economy. San Diego is the third largest biotech market in the United States, home to powerhouse universities and research institutes situated among top-ranked health care systems and specialists. Clients in these fields rely on Vanst attorneys’ extensive legal expertise to navigate complex matters and achieve success while mitigating risk.
Vanst’s healthcare and life sciences practice includes:
- Health information and data privacy and security (HIPAA, GDPR, California laws)
- Data sharing and data governance
- Non-profit tax-exempt transactions, nonprofit governance
- Clinical trials
- Research collaborations
- Clinical services and business transactions with health care providers
- Compliance with fraud and abuse laws (False Claims, Anti-Kickback, Stark)
- Intellectual property and technology co-development and licensing
- Integrated delivery networks
- Reimbursement compliance, models and strategies
- Employment law compliance and workforce training
- Compliance with government agency regulations and guidance pertaining to healthcare delivery, and providers (e.g. CLIA, FDA, CMS, CA-DHCS, CDPH, OIG)
- Negotiation of commercial leases for laboratory space
Our attorneys are also experienced in fostering mutually beneficial partnerships between healthcare providers and biotech companies. We help facilitate new technology development and integration into clinical care, and we have experience bringing resourcefulness and efficiency in legal matters for both start-ups and decades-old institutions.